Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Knitting as usual




Something you should know about me is that I am always knitting. That is not to say that I don't do anything else, that just means that I always have a piece of knitting on my needles. And I work on it when I have time. When I am not knitting, I am thinking about my next design and all the elements that go into designing a knitted article. This sweater is one I designed last winter. I got the idea for it from a picture my sister cut out of a magazine because she knew I would like it and could maybe reproduce a similar one. She was right, I did love it. But the one in the magazine was $60. So I went to Knitpicks.com and found this beautiful wool yarn for $1.99 a ball. It took 16 balls, so it only cost me about $32. And that is just one of the things I love about knitting and designing.

No comments: