Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Snowflake eyelet wrap cardigan




I designed this sweater for my sister Karla for her birthday. It was supposed to be for Christmas, but I knew if I knitted like crazy, I could get it done in time. It took me less than two weeks to make. My inspiration for this piece came from a picture in a magazine of a similar wrap cardigan that my sister liked. She asked me if I could design something like it and this is what I came up with. It features a snowflake eyelet pattern, a ribbed waist, and a ribbon tie. The bottom edging is a 1x1 rib knitted on sideways because I didn't want it to pull in at the bottom. The yarn I used is Lion Brand micro. I usually don't like to use acrylic for wearables, but this is the softest acrylic yarn I have ever used. And it was on sale, so that was another bonus. Her birthday was last Saturday and she loved her gift.

1 comment:

Jennifer White said...

You did a great job on this! I still need to send you the pictures I took of Karla wearing it.