Thursday, July 10, 2008

My first knitted charity donation


I recently joined the Yahoo! group, Crafting for a Cause. If you are unfamiliar with this group, they craft for a lot of different charities. You don't even have to be able to craft to join. They also accept store bought donations. I decided to join, because I just wanted to give back in some way. I love to knit, so what better way to make a difference. The charity I chose to knit for first is Pine Ridge Indian Health Services (OB unit), in South dakota. Their goal is to send all the newborn babies home in a new outfit. So I decided to knit a onesie and a pair of baby booties. I did not design these, though. Since I have never knitted anything like these before, I just found a pattern in a knitting magazine that I had. I followed the pattern all the way through for the booties, but on the onesie, I made a couple of changes. Anyway, I hope they find their way to a very deserving baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

!!! You did a great job.

Lizzie with CFAC