Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sleeveless v-neck sweater


For this sweater, I wanted to do something a little different. Since I love cables, I decided to try a closed ring cable from Barbara Walker's "Charted Knitting Designs." In the book, it was not a spot pattern, but I thought it would look better this way, so I only did one repeat. I also found a pretty twist pattern called Rapunzel's braid, from Barbara Walker's "A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns," which runs along each side of the v-neckline. The lace pattern used at the bottom is a very old fashioned lace that I found in Barbara Walker's "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns." For extra shaping at the waist, I added an elegant ribbing (this is the actual name of the stitch pattern from "Charted Knitting Designs") at the sides. All in all, I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

No comments: